Monday, June 27, 2011

Let's get artsy!

Theresa Charpentier was selling her glass creations and jewelry pendants at the 17th Annual Eagan Art Festival on Saturday and Sunday at the Eagan Festival Grounds. Crowds came to visit the 100 artists' stands filled with woodworks, jewelry, photography, paintings, clothing, rugs and much more. Food options and free kid art activities were also available.

Paul Imholte, a hammered dulcimer musician from St. Cloud, was playing his 74 stringed instrument for the art crowd.

Do you like those cooper, metal artworks?

Check out these colorful quilted pieces!

We found 2 metal yard ornaments which we "needed"...

14 comments:

Milandailyphoto.com said...

a very cool art show,i cant imagine how many things i can buy,better to go without valet

Montreal Photo Daily said...

Looks like something I'd enjoy. C'est fun! Usually, I look for stationary/ artsy greeting cards... something small and USEFUL because it's so easy to be tempted to buy a yard ornament. :)
Great reporting! Thanks for the update on Eagan.

Bonne journee!

Kate said...

In addition to farmers markets, art fairs are one of the pluses of summer. Now, if only we could get the weather to cooperate...get warm and stay warm!

Rachel said...

I love to see talented artists with their work. What a treat!

Daryl said...

Oh we saw bottle trees at Pepper Place on Saturday, your weather this past weekend looks to be the 'polar' opposite of Birmingham's! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment, its appreciated!

Rob Siemann said...

Yes, I'm always amazed by the quantity of things we just NEED on events like this one.

Photo Cache said...

I love artfest - I'd come and get awed at all the talented people showing their works.

EG CameraGirl said...

I would have loved to have heard the hammered dulcimer. I LOVE the sound.

Halcyon said...

A nice assortment of items!

Jack said...

I like strolling through art and craft shows like this, but I might have reached the point at which I really can't fit anything else in my house.

Randy said...

I love crafts fairs! I really want that Bottle Tree too.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You didn't actually say what tit was that you bought Leif, was is the bottle tree?? Looks like there were many things there that I would have been tempted with, surely you can never have too much art!!

VP said...

An interesting festival, I'd like to visit it!

irinapictures said...

I would like so much to visit this event!