Saturday, June 25, 2011
Over 1,100 guests, city officials and police officers celebrated with the Eagan firefighters in dedicating the new "Eagan Fire Safety Center" on Yankee Doodle Road east of Lexington Avenue. The 38,000 sq. ft. facility, to be known as Station Two, combines two previous fire stations, improves response time and creates new training opportunities. It earned the first "Green Globes" designation in the US for a fire station. Fire Chief Michael Scott posed with their restored 1942 Chevrolet Fire Engine. The Minnesota State Fire Service Memorial Pipe Band played for the ceremony. An invocation, remarks, recognitions and a symbolic fire hose ribbon cutting highlighted the grand celebration followed by station tours, vehicle displays and refreshments.