Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lakes of Eagan series #3

Holland Lake is one of several lakes found within the 2,000 acre Lebanon Hills Regional Park and is located off Cliff Road just east of Lexington Avenue. It has among the best water quality of any lake in the Twin Cities metro area with good transparency most of the summer. Great for fishing! Amenities include: parking, restrooms, grills, a large fishing pier, picnic tables & shelter.
Lake statistics:
Size: 32.5 acres
Max depth: 75 feet
Fish species: Bluegills, brown trout, bullheads, crappies, large-mouth bass, northern pike and rainbow trout.


15 comments:

  1. "On my door I'd hang a sign
    Gone fishin' instead of just a-wishin'
    I stopped by your place a time or two lately
    And you aren't home either"

    Looks like a perfect spot for "gone fishin'"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and lovely shot !!Great !! I would see the complete Series !!:
    )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the weather in Eagan soon will be warmer - and I hope the same for Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The view on this lake is very scenic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that big deck! Looks like a great place for a picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the foreground, is that the runway for Minny-sota's infamous B-52 size mosquitos?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a nice place. It seems so quiet. Good place to relaxing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like an incredibly relaxing place. I would so love to just sit there for one afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful. I love the lakes of your country, which is really a country of lakes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a joy for the senses it must be.

    Please have a wonderful Thursday.

    daily athens

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this reminds me of a place I used to go to in my childhood in Pennsylvania. Peaceful, nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks and sounds like a wonderful park! Beautiful scene, Leif! Did you go on a picnic?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sassy, funny, clever, serious or encouraging comment! Tack sa mycket, merci beaucoup, vielen Dank, domo arigato, grazie mille, tusen takk, ansante sana, terima kasih, obrigado, Dank U wel, kiitos paljon!